Soul-Boards

Full Version: Balance 2.9
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Noteworthy Game Mechanic Stuff:

- Energy Gain:
  • Characters now gain energy at the start of their turn, instead of the end
  • This change is reverting to the original way of doing things. Gaining energy after your turn allowed energy drain characters to "drain-lock" your team. If you're getting stunned every turn, you're at least gaining energy so when the stuns end, you can play the game. With drain, you would have no energy to play the game with, making it a more effective stun. Not any more though

- Percent Damage Reduction:
  • Percent damage reduction no longer is gone after the first skill used each turn.
  • Hypothetical scenario: You have Tessai and rukia, attacking a kenpachi with 50% damage reduction. You use tessai's first skill (20 damage), followed by rukia's second skill (20 damage). How much damage should you do? Before this change, you would deal 30 damage, because 50% of tessai's damage + all of rukia's damage. Now, he will take 18 damage, because 50% of tessai's damage and 40% of rukia's damage

- Loading/Reverting State
  • This effect will remove all buffs that weren't on the target x turns ago, resetting the duration of those that were. This will set their health to what it was, their cooldowns, and energy costs 

Buffs:

- Ishida Uryu
  • "Heavenly Wind Puppet Suit" cooldown reduced to 4 turns
  • With the latest spike/drain metas, this has been the last uryu anybody has wanted to use, and his win-rate has reflected that. I think with the nerfs in this patch, we'll see games generally last longer (more skills being used), and Ishida being able to use this skill more (and his "Kojaku Shot" in general) will let him fare better than he has been

Nerfs:

- Bankai Gin
  • "Kill, Shinsuo" may only be used on characters he hit with "Shinsuo, God Killing Spear" the previous turn
  • One of my favorite strategies with this character has been to stun and burst an enemy, then use this skill on a different, full health enemy. Since my last nerf didn't quite hurt him as much as I'd like, I'm hoping this does the job. I have some more tricks up my sleeve, but they're going to be more drastic

- Final Form Uryu
  • "Spirit Particle Subjugation" now reads the following: "This character gains 1 Quincy Energy Every turn for 4 turns. During this time, this character can use this skill again to ignore all harmful effects except energy cost changes for 1 turn while using up 1 Quincy Energy."
  • The staple of many spike teams, FFU has been strong for the last decade. In the interest of slowing games down, as well as lowering his win-rate, I've slowed him down

- Hebi
  • "Coiled Cage" damage lowered to 15
  • I'm excited to see that everybody took Jase's team and is using Hebi, it means I did something right buffing her. Unfortunately, it looks like I did a little too good, so I'm needing to dial her back slightly

- Hollow Ichigo
  • "Rage Shield" cooldown increased to 2 turns
  • This skill is arguably the best "s4" in the game, not including passives. Ignoring all effects including damage is super strong, and has made him a little too survivable/dependable. Now, you'll need to think when playing him

Helpful Tip:
  • When attacking Tesla during "Crush, Veruga," attacking during Findorr's "Multi Bala Blast," or during Nnoitra's "Flesh Divider," You will lose an energy. Since each skill is used in the order you use them, if this happens before another skill of yours is used, you will no longer have the energy required to use that skill, and it will not be used. This is intended, and something you should be aware of

Poll:
  • As I alluded to in the balance notes, I've noticed a lot of you play this game by copying the team that beat you, and using that team until a new team beats you, repeating the cycle over and over. I can't really prevent you from playing this way, and if you're unlocking characters, that's a decent enough strategy to use. If you're just playing for xp though, that's an incredibly boring way to play
  • If I were to create a team building guide, going over how I created the "Kensei - Lisa - Child Nel" team that ran through ladder a few months ago, would any of you actually read it? If enough people vote yes, I can make that as a general guide to building teams, where I would welcome other players to offer their insight on the post

Noteworthy Bug Fixes:
  • Saru's "Coiled to Strike" correctly gives destructible defense each turn
  • Di Roy Rinker's "Frenzied" now gives the appropriate amount of damage reduction
  • Fixed some instances where Yumichika's skills wouldn't revert (I think there's still issues though)
  • Segunda Ulquiorra's "Cero Sneak" is no longer classified as helpful
  • Loly Aivirrne's "Surprise Knife" now damages correctly
  • Several issues with Final Aizen's effects have been fixed
  • Inner Ichigo's "Inner Ichigo Combat" Now correctly reduces the duration of all effects a strategic skill applies (rather than just the first)
  • Hebi's "Coiled Cage" lasts the correct duration
  • Aaroniero Arruruerie's "Manifestation" logic had several issues fixed
  • Fixed issues with Resurreccion Szayel's "Gabriel" inconsistently not damaging the person who killed him
Tldr?