Soul-Boards
Balance 2.6 - Printable Version

+- Soul-Boards (https://soul-boards.net)
+-- Forum: Central 46 (https://soul-boards.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Latest Balance Changes (https://soul-boards.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Thread: Balance 2.6 (/showthread.php?tid=309)

Balance 2.6 - leaderfirestar - 01-07-2023

Buffs:

- Bankai Mayuri
  • "Poison Gas" no longer ends when he dies
  • "Healing Injection's" cooldown lowered to 2
  • Bankai Mayuri is in a weird spot. His "Super Human Drug" is nice utility, and his stun ignores invulnerability. This should help his poison have more of an impact, and help him support himself and his team a little more

- Dondochakka Bilstin
  • "Summon Bawabawa's" duration has been extended to 3 turns
  • This should help him be a better support for his team. Strategic and affliction invulnerability is nice, and the 5 extra damage is nothing to sneeze at

- Hollow Muramasa
  • "Contorted Cero" will now change every turn, regardless of cooldown
  • "Hollow Barrier's" cost lowered to 3 random, and cooldown lowered to 2
  • This should make him more viable. If I gave him too much, I can always dial it back

- Inner Ichigo
  • "Bankai - Tensa Zangetsu" now heals him 15 health when used
  • "Reiatsu Wave" now increases his ally's non-affliction damage by 10
  • "Bankai - Tensa Zangetsu has benefits to use (more damage), but costs 2 energy that could be used to protect your team or hurt the enemy. This should help keep him healthy and make the investment less steep. As for Reiatsu wave, his Ally take-over form has been his worst form. This should make this avenue worth considering

- Katen
  • "Game Invitation's" cooldown lowered to 3
  • "Drinking Invitation" now targets all allies (and herself)
  • "Sake Indulgence can be used on "1 ally" (and herself) instead of "Both Targets"
  • If you were in the discord for the yachiru vote, you might recall me mentioning that central 46 has a stake in the contest. That stake was a balance of their choice, no questions asked, provided it wasn't fucking retarded (making ururu's stun last 2 turns). Devvoke (Not a Casual) won that, and chose to give Katen some much needed help. Aside from the 1 team, Katen has been useless. This should help her be a nice choice for anti-stun, and give her a shot at doing damage more often

- Kenpachi Zaraki
  • "Kenpachi Stab" damage increased to 30
  • Games are more fast paced than they were when he was nerfed. He needs to ramp up a little quicker

- Kyoko Haida
  • "Slay" can now be used as long as an enemy has a stack of "Unfortunate Gift"
  • Not sure if this is a bug fix or a buff. Up to this point, she hasn't been able to use "Slay" unless "Unfortunate Gift" was actively applying stacks. Not anymore!

- Lilynete
  • "Light Cero" now increases her damage by 10 per stack, and "Borrow Power's" healing by 10 for each stack.
  • "Borrow Power" no longer removes all stacks of Light Cero (It wasn't anyway, it was bugged. Now it's official)
  • Here's a support that's sucked at supporting. Now her heal heals more, and she can deal damage too.

- Metastacia
  • "Metastasis" can now be used on more than one enemy (still 1 stack per enemy max). It no longer ends when he dies, or when "Rebirth" is used/triggered
  • Remember when I buffed him? I really thought the revive would do him good. It didn't do much. I'm reverting the nerf he got a year ago (ending "Metastasis" when he dies). Then I thought "Damn, he really wasn't a threat then either, and decided to give him a little more gas

- Muramasa
  • "Zanpaktou Control's" cost lowered to free.
  • "Slasher's" and "Dark Cero's" damage types swapped
  • The cost change should need no justification if you've ever played the guy. As for the damage types, everyone has whined that we have no white-energy affliction damage characters. Don't say I never did anything for you Smile

- Nelliel Tu Odelschwanck
  • "Declare, Gamuza" now increases the damage of "Lanzador Verde" by 5 for each stack
  • An extra reward for reflecting a skill/extra incentive to use "Declare, Gamuza"

- Pesche Guatiche
  • "Cero Sincretico's" energy cost decrease effect duration increased to 2 turns
  • This should help him to actually use his skills and do stuff

- Saru
  • "Heavy Arc" will now deal 10 extra damage to the enemy per stack of "Spiraling Strike" (instead of a flat 10 damage bonus if affected)
  • Not sure this is everything she needs. It can't hurt her though

- Sassori
  • No longer reverts to previous skills if he reaches the health threshold and is healed
  • His high-health skills are weaker. If he reaches low health, he deserves to keep the benefits

- Sode No Shirayuji
  • "Dance of The White Lady" now applies a freeze counter to all enemies
  • My last buff for her certainly made her more consistent, but not necessarily better. This should help her stack freeze counters easier, and no longer telegraph who she's going to focus

- Tobiume
  • "Snap's" damage increased to 20

- Wabisuke
  • "Raise Your Head, Wabisuke" now increases the active cooldown of the target's skills by 1, in addition to the other effects this skill has
  • It's been said that increasing cooldowns is the worst effect in the game. In long, drawn-out games, it's pretty nice. These past few metas have been bursty though, so I agree it hasn't been shining. This should give him a little more to work with

Nerfs

- Ascended Aizen
  • "Erasure's" cooldown has been lowered to 0. When this skill triggers, its active cooldown will be set to 2
  • Despite everyone's bitching and whining about this character, his win rate has only been slightly elevated. Is his skill annoying? Sure. Does it fuck up high cost characters? Absolutely. There's a place for that. That said, the thing that makes this character so strong is that there's no gap in his attack. His cooldown starts when he applies the counter, so he has another ready right after you trigger it. Now, you get a 2 turn gap where you know you're safe

- Chrysalis Aizen
  • "Chrysalis Shell's" destructible defense lowered to 30
  • This is the Aizen that really deserved bitching and whining. That said, feel free to not. I still play the game, I promise I see the characters that are performing well. Anyway, This nerf should nerf his spike damage and his durability. Does this fix him? Who knows? He's the only character I can think of that works in the way he does. He's on my radar though

- Charlotte Cuuhlhourne
  • "Beautiful Charlotte's Thunder Punch's" cooldown raised to 1
  • "Beautiful Charlotte's Final Cero's" cooldown raised to 1
  • People finally realized how broken this dude is. Lowering damage by as much as he does just by attacking is strong. This nerf should help put a gap in his attacks to let you fight back

- Final Form Uryu
  • "Spirit Particle Subjugation" now only grants 2 quincy energy. Cooldown lowered to 0
  • The go-to yellow energy user, FFU has always been strong. This nerf does a few things. His spike is lowered to 50. For 2 energy, 50 is still top-of-the-line dmaage wise. Bankai Soi Fon and Armored Yoruichi are the only people I can think of with 2-cost skills dealing 50 damage. Others can do more with lots of prep (gin), but that's quite an investment. "Gante Mosqueda can" I hear you saying. Keep reading

- Gantebainne Mosqueda
  • "Beast Punishment's" cooldown increased to 1
  • "Dragra Release" makes "Beast Punishment" deal 45 damage instantly
  • This dude has a lot of utility packed into 3 skills. Lately, his spike has been the problem. This should help

- Hinakari Jinta
  • "Batting Stance" no longer gives destructible defense
  • This dude is a little stronger than I'd like. Not much stronger, but enough to where I bet this will reel him back in

- Shihouin Yoruichi
  • "Flash Step Master's" cooldown increased to 2
  • How do you kill a character that can go invulnerable, make her ignore all harmful effects, counter skills, and go invulnerable again? The answer? Remove her ability to cycle between counter - flash step - stun - flash step - counter

- Ushoda Hachigen
  • "Standing Ovation" no longer ignores invulnerability
  • "Gate of the Four Beasts" no longer increases the cost of the target's skills
  • Last patch, I reverted the nerf that killed him. I needed to see how strong he was to determine what nerfs would make a little more sense. There's a bit to take into consideration as well: This last patch was all about high damage burst. What support character is nice for sealing the power of characters with high damage skills? Does it stand to reason that he would perform well against them? With those in mind, since Hachi's annoying skills are actions, the best way around them is to go invulnerable. If "Standing Ovation" ignores invul, then he can just stun you and make you suffer in the box quietly. If his box is also increasing the cost of your invul, it's expensive to even try playing around him, or helping your team. These nerfs, as well as nerfs to higher damage characters, I think will bring him closer to where he belongs

- Yamamoto Genryuusai
  • "Destructive Spell #96: Single Blade Cremation" now deals 10 affliction damage to himself
  • Here's a character with a lot of utility built into his kit. His burst has been utilized pretty heavy this patch, but he's been strong for a few. This will make using this skill a consideration instead of an automatic

Tweaks

- Broly
  • "Eraser Cannon" damage lowered to 30 piercing damage. Energy cost lowered to 1 yellow 1 random
  • "The Legendary Super Saiyan" now grants 10 damage reduction permanently instead of 20 unpiercable damage reduction.
  • This dude was taken behind a barn and shot. He needed a nerf, and was killed. Difference between him and Hachi is I have a better frame of reference for how well he was performing. I'll nerf him more if I have to

- Hirako Shinji
  • "Collapse, Sakanade's" Cooldown lowered to 0
  • "Inverted World" can now be countered/reflected. No longer ignores invulnerability
  • "Sword Rotation" can now be countered/reflected. No longer ignores invulnerability
  • Here's the deal: At high levels, shinji is kind of weak. Why's that? His mask. If you didn't know, if you hover your mask over any of the vizard's mask effect, you can see how many skills they've used. This includes invisible skills. People who know that know to be wary of his skills. The people who don't know that get smashed. Realistically, his counters make him strong if he can pull them off, but his 1v1 potential is garbage because of his mask revealing when he's used skills, and because his damage is awful. I want to buff his damage, but can't do that while everyone is still falling for his tricks. This nerf will help, lower his win rate to justify it too

- Uryu (TLA)
  • "Reishi Manipulation" can now be used on enemies that aren't marked by "Kojaku Rain." This will deal the damage, and transform the skill back into "Kojaku Rain"
  • "Analysis" No longer grants energy
  • This dude has been performing exceedingly well since his release. The only way I could justify letting his skills transform is to nerf him in the process. Let's see where he sits

Random tip: Inner Ichigo's "Bankai - Tensa Zangetsu" doesn't actually make his inner world form permanent, but rather for 99,999 turns. If you can make it to the late game, his effect could wear off, giving you the edge you need to win

Noteworthy Bug Fixes:
  • Metastacia's "Rebirth" now ends
  • Skills that deal bonus damage now correctly adhere to damage capping skills
  • Dangai Ichigo's "Mugetsu" can be used again
  • Yamamoto's "Destructive Spell #96: Single Blade Cremation" now removes stuns that apply under unusual circumstances
  • Cirruci's "Yo-Yo Spin" no longer triggers if the target is ignoring harmful effects
  • Ruri Iro Kujaku's "Tearing Frenzy" No longer heals him to max health
  • Hitsugaya's "Sit Upon the Frozen Heavens, Hyourinmaru" now applies the stun and damage debuff on enemies ignoring harmful effects
  • 2 players facing each other with Don Panini on both teams will no longer crash their game if Their "Whirl, Giralda" stuns the enemy when they have their "Whirl, Giralda" active (infinite stun loop)
  • Charlotte now goes invulnerable for the correct duration during "Rosa Blanca"
  • Charlotte's "Rosa Blanca" Invulnerability ends properly when the target uses "Energy Dispel"
  • Rudbornn Chelute's Destructible defense icons go away when they have 0 destructible defense instead of "0 destructible defense infinite"
  • Armored Yoruichi's "Anti-Hierro Armor" re-applies correctly when she is invulnerable to helpful skills
  • Karin's "Take Aim" goes away after her target is stunned
  • Character's taking damage when using skills during Yamamoto's "Reduce all Creation to Ash, Ryuujin Jakka" will now correctly take an additional 5 damage from "Torch, Ryuujin Jakka"
  • Urahara's second turn of "Sing, Benihime" no longer deals piercing damage
  • Rudbornn Chelute's "Surround and Eliminate" now ignores invulnerability
  • Chrysalis Aizen's "Explosive Reiatsu" no longer is removed when he dies
  • Aislinger's "Sonido" now triggers correctly when he's invulnerable to friendly skills
  • Dangai Ichigo's energy costs (I think) are calculating correctly for "Zangetsu Slash"
  • Bankai Kenpachi's "Finishing kill" no longer removes "Bankai, Nozarashi" and his text has been updated to clarify
  • Fixed the duration of several infinite duration skills behind the scenes to hopefully remove any more issues with "Inner Ichigo Combat" removing skills that shouldn't be removed
  • Kyoko Haida's "Presence" now uses the correct icon
  • Shinji can no longer use "Inverted World" if his inverted world buff is removed from him without needing to use inverted world again
  • Don Kanjoi's "Kannonball" now uses the correct icon
  • Inner Ichigo's "High-Speed Regeneration" now correctly heals him after he's damaged, rather than sometimes healing him after he ends his turn after taking damage
  • Broly's "Powered Shell" now shows the correct amount of bonus damage
  • Dangai Ichigo can no longer use skills when affected by "Power Loss"
  • Skills that gain random energy no longer have a slight bias towards blue and yellow
  • Typos fixed