Balance 2.2
(10-29-2022, 11:39 PM)Literally_Rock_Lee Wrote:
(10-29-2022, 02:03 PM)leaderfirestar Wrote: Buffs:

- Fullbringer Sado:
  • "Bluff Strike" damage increased by 5.
  • "Hyper Charge" has been reworked: Fullbringer Sado gains 15 permanent destructible defense, removes all destructible defense from his target, and deals 20 energy damage to them, marking them for 2 turns. During this time, if that enemy is damaged by "Heavy Cannon," they will be stunned for 1 turn, and all stacks of "Hyper Charge" will be removed.. It is now Energy, Instant and the cooldown has been reduced to
  • Fullbringer Sado operates on bluffing and action-skill damage. For a guy as strong as sado, he gets beat down pretty easy. This should help keep him healthy and make your "Heavy Cannon" hits count.

- Hollow Ichigo:
  • "Overwhelming Cero" text was changed last patch to deal 15 damage. That change wasn't applied on the back end, and that text has been fixed. Not really a buff, just letting you all know Smile
  • Hollow Ichigo still needs some help, I'll be the first to admit it. I have a couple of ideas for him, but did not deem them worth putting off the balance update for.

- Kidou Momo:
  • "Binding Spell #37: Suspending Star" now targets 1 ally for 3 turns. The skill will not stack.
  • Kidou Momo has performed poorly for a while. Her damage is not consistent enough to justify choosing her as a damage character. Her support utility has been outclassed by other supports. I feel like she should be in a supporty role, so this buff should help her help her team.

- Kira Izuru:
  • "Wabisuke Execution" will use stacks applied by Wabisuke. Stacks used in this way will deal half damage of Kira's variants.
  • This will help incentivize using Wabisuke.

- Sparrow Uryu:
  • "Sprenger's" cost has been reduced to 1 yellow.
  • Sparrow Uryu is in a tough spot. If you combo his first and second skill, it's pretty suspicious if you stop combo-ing. Now, with "Sprenger" costing the same as "Seele Schneider", there's some justification for trying to use it instead. I'm not 100% convinced that this will fix him, but I have some other ideas for him if he ends up needing more help.

- Ulquiorra Cifer:
  • "Merciless Kill's" damage has been increased to 45, up 5 from 40.
  • Ulquiorra also could use some help. To be completely honest with you, his "Rescue" skill doesn't fit very well into his kit, and going invulnerable with "Cero Flash" and using "Rescue" doesn't prevent him from being damaged, as reflected skills will redirect skills to him (invulnerability just means you can't be targeted). With no gimmick like that, I can see a small rework in his future. Until then, have 5 extra damage.

- Wabisuke:
  • "Raise Your Head, Wabisuke" cost changed to 1 white (and now stacks correctly. Applies a stack for "Shoulder the Weight").
  • "Shoulder the Weight" cost changed to 2 random, cooldown reduced to 2 turns, and will now use stacks of "Raise Your Head, Wabisuke" and "Intercept" applied both by him and Kira. Stacks used that were applied by Kira will deal half damage.
  • "Intercept" cost changed to 1 red.
  • Wabisuke was bugged on release, and hasn't been touched until now. I think the cost changes to his first and third skills will help him synergize better not just with Kira, but with the rest of the roster as well. Consider this my first foray into trying to make real fixes to characters that need it. This and Fullbringer Sado really tested me since this was my first balance doing any coding. Also, "Shoulder the Weight" will now pick a random enemy to damage if there is a tie for the highest health enemy.

Nerfs: 

- Butterfly Aizen:
  • "Shatter Displacement" now only counters non-strategic skills, and the cooldown has been increased to 3.
  • "Black Coffin: Full Enchant's" cost increased to 2 blue 1 random, and class has been changed to Energy, Instant.
  • I'm sure you all saw some of this coming. By far, the strongest part of his kit was having a 1 turn cooldown counter that countered all skills. Increasing the cooldown and making it only counter non-strategic skills is a much needed change. "Black Coffin: Full Enchant" costing what it did was a joke. It's an incredibly strong skill, and its cost should match. I'm frankly not convinced I upped it enough. Should he need more nerfs, I have plenty of options to work with.

- Chrysalis Aizen:
  • "Shatter's" cost has been increased to 2 random and cooldown increased to 2.
  • Having a skill that does a lost of damage when used with good team members for 1 random on no cooldown is a bit crazy. Having a 2 turn cooldown should help the issue, as I believe the rest of his kit is okay.

- Dangai Ichigo:
  • "Become Getsuga's" cost has been increased to 2 random.
  • A rainbow-cost insta kill is a pretty reliable tool since you aren't waiting for a bunch of the same color. This will offset that a little.

- Hisagomaru:
  • "Infusion Cannon" no longer affects both teams. If you target an enemy, it will damage. If you target your team, it will heal.
  • Hisagomaru is a problem child. There aren't many good ways to nerf him without just making him useless, and buffing him can make him crazy strong. This nerf  should help the issue, since now he has to choose between being damage or being support, and not just doing both.

Tweaks:

- Bankai Renji:
  • "Baboon King, Zabimaru" no longer deals 5 damage to enemies who damage him with non-affliction damage. That effect has been moved to "Reform"
  • "This is a nerf" shut up lol I know. This will make him have to set up a bit before having built-in damage to enemies.

Noteworthy bug fixes (both during this last patch and with the update):
  • Tessai's "Binding Spell: Kin's" and "Binding Spell: Bankin's" increased damage effect no longer is removed when the stun ends.
  • Skills that target random enemies should no longer target dead enemies.
  • Renji can no longer use coil on enemies not marked by "Howl, Zabimaru," "Coil, Zabimaru," or "Cry, Zabimaru."
  • Butterfly Aizen no longer resurrects with 5 health when he is 100-0'd in the same turn.
  • Butterfly Aizen can no longer use "Impossible Regeneration" to apply more than 1 stack of it.
  • Characters effected by Aislinger's "Boulder Destruction" or Charlotte Cuulhourne's "Rosa blanca" who are then targeted by energy cost increasing skills will no longer have the cost increased 4 times what it should be.
  • Chrysalis Aizen's "Explosive Reiatsu's" damage is now calculated correctly on the second turn.
  • Chrysalis Aizen's "Chrysalis Shell's" destructible defense no longer goes to 60 when affected by Senna's "Call forth the Twilight, Mirokumaru" (it now goes to 50 as intended).
  • Rudbornn Chelute can no longer use "Grow, Arbol" while it's already active.
  • Kurotsuchi Mayuri's "Rip, Ashisogi Jizou" can be used on a target more than once, and the affliction damage/stun is applied.
  • Dangai Ichigo no longer removes friendly action and control skills (and by extension, doesn't damage his allies).
  • Don Kanoji's "Golden Kannonball" is now in his kit (he had Kannonball twice).
  • Resurrection Wonderweiss's "Centurion" now applies damage reduction like it's supposed to.

I'm gonna miss just going insane with Black Coffin and Time-Space distortion, then full enchanting the next turn pretty much for free. Also, what is Sado's Hyper Charge cooldown now?

It's reduced to 1. It's accurate in game, just updated the post

Messages In This Thread
Balance 2.2 - by leaderfirestar - 10-29-2022, 02:03 PM
RE: Balance 2.2 - by Literally_Rock_Lee - 10-29-2022, 11:39 PM
RE: Balance 2.2 - by leaderfirestar - 10-30-2022, 05:54 PM
RE: Balance 2.2 - by Funnyman - 10-30-2022, 01:23 AM
RE: Balance 2.2 - by leaderfirestar - 10-30-2022, 05:55 PM
RE: Balance 2.2 - by Funnyman - 10-30-2022, 06:18 PM
RE: Balance 2.2 - by Literally_Rock_Lee - 10-30-2022, 06:58 PM