Balance 2.22.0
Buffs:

- Demoura Zodd
  • "Concentrated Wave" tweak: The next time "Palm Thrust" is used, this character will gain 1 random energy. For 2 turns, if this character uses "Battle Roar," "Palm Thrust" will permanently deal 5 additional damage. This skill stacks
  • Another balance, another buff for Zodd. Of all of the energy drain characters, he was hit the hardest with the change to characters gaining energy at the start of the turn to prevent "drain lock." The effect I'm intending this to have is making him less prone to being "rei screwed" and allow him to more consistently see benefit from the energy gain effect, and reward him a little more for using "Battle Roar," especially since his team gets to use it more than he can

- Fullbriger Ichigo lvl 1
  • "Full Getsuga Blitz" cost lowered to 1 white
  • Speaking of the energy drain characters, this skill was increased at one point in an effort to make drain less oppressive from him. He stayed pretty strong regardless though, so I never bothered to revert that. For the first time in a long time, he didn't perform well this patch, so I can justify reverting that change

- Karin Kurosaki
  • "Foul" now hits all enemies, regardless of if they're affected by "GOAL!" or not. Cooldown increased to 2, and now Physical/Instant
  • "Foul" has always been a weird one, in that you do all this setup to use "GOAL!" only to get rewarded with a physical skill stun. The goal here is to give her a utility she can use more reliably

- Ruri Iro Kujaku
  • "Rip and Tear" cooldown lowered to 2 turns
  • This will help his sustainability, and give him more options other than hope he has a red energy to use harvest

- Sode No Shirayuki
  • "Dance of the White Lady" will lower the energy cost of her skills by 1 blue for 1 turn
  • She needs it. The difference between this and the last time I buffed this skill is that this is only for 1 turn, so more time to react. Ideally this gives her the intended amount of strength and not the stupid strong amount, but we'll see

- Suzumebachi
  • "Flash Step Marking" cooldown lowered to 0
  • Worth noting that I removed the text stating that it increases the duration of Soifon's "Sting all enemies to death, Suzumebachi" because it wasn't actually doing that. I removed that a while ago and apparently forgot to change the text. Sorry about that. Don't be surprised to see suzu again in a balance soon, she probably needs more than this. Then again, Esdeath made her work on a couple of teams, so I'm curious to see what this does for her before I pull the trigger and give us a bubz meta

Nerfs

- Broly
  • "Powered Shell" grants Broly 1 random energy on use (no longer grants energy every turn he has destructible defense). All other effects of this skill remain unchanged
  • "Gigantic Meteor" cost changed to 1 white, 1 yellow, 1 random
  • "Gigantic Hammer" now deals 15 physical damage after making the target ignore helpful effects
  • On paper, the initial thought was "For this skill to net positive energy, he needs to have destructible defense for 3 turns." Pre-Ascension Aizen spends 2 energy to gain 1 back as well, and nobody (at least, not these days) is making the argument that he's busted. The key thing that happened with Broly was 2 powerful dd stacking options came around, in the form of Byakuya (TLA) and Senna's tweak. The former took the spotlight, but both teams took their respective teams well into the unhealthy power levels (and that's ignoring the other already good destructible defense providers like kidou kira). So, I'm dialing it back a little bit and compensating his alt skills, making them either more affordable or have more value outright

- Byakuya (TLA)
  • "Scatter" destructible defense per turn lowered to 5 (both in close range and long range)
  • "Senbonzakura Kageyoshi" now grants Byakuya's team 10 permanent destructible defense if he uses it in long range. All other effects with this skill remain unchanged.
  • The other maestro of chaos, Byakuya has proven himself to be quite a good support/anti aoe option. Even if Broly wasn't around however, I think he would still be pretty strong, hence the nerf. He pumps out destructible defense very fast, and while I want him to be a good dd option, I need him to pump the brakes a little bit. With that in mind, some power has been shifted to the other skill in an attempt to make that skill not feel like an outlier since the original nerf. Can still provide good dd, just has to pay a bit more for it, while remaining a solid anti-aoe character

- Hozukimaru
  • "Awakening Spirit" only boosts non-affliction damage
  • "Beast Jab" deals 10 extra damage for every 30 health the target is missing (was 25)
  • Affliction damage bonus nerf purely because cheesy teams. The beast jab nerf is aimed at hurting his one shot potential (or more importantly, delaying it a turn)

- Kurosaki Isshin
  • "Getsuga Tenshou - Isshin" deals 30 damage to an enemy and 0 damage to all others
  • [i]The wording here is very intentional; "Agitowari" can increase the damage done to the other targets. In his original design, the 10 damage only existed if "Getsuga Tenshou - Isshin" was improved, either by "Agitowari's" old effect or "Burn, Engetsu's" old effect. Through the changes this character has received, he has much more reliable damage output and the kit flows a bit better, and is stronger overall. He's been pretty strong for a little while though, and I think it's because he synergizes very well with "spammy" aoe teams due to the value of his Getsuga Tenshou. That at least is the aim of this change[/i]

- Metastacia
  • "Metastasis" may only be active on one enemy
  • Metastacia has come a long way over the past several months, and is decently strong now. I don't like nerfing starting characters (they need to be strong), but I can justify toning down his damage output. I'll keep an eye on him though, I'd really like for these "low level" characters to be worth 

Random Tip:
If your opponent is running counters/reflects, try tricking your opponent into thinking you'll attack a different character than you actually want to. A large chunk of the player base will throw that protection on their character with the lowest health

Larger bugs I'm aware of and working on:
  • Sometimes reflected skills will damage you more than they should
  • Sometimes players match against someone, only to lose by the timer in the middle of their or their opponent's turn

Noteworthy Bug Fixes:
  • Hueco Mundo Byakuya's "Pivotal Scene's" ignore helpful effect no longer lasts the whole turn
  • Fixed issue with aoe skills not getting correctly disabled, allowing them to be used at times they shouldn't be able to
  • Selecting a hat/title on the settings page should correctly select/save
  • Fixed issue with Findorr where "Mask Shattering" would get applied to his own team
  • Pre-Ascension Aizen's "Absolute Hypnosis" and "Hogyoku Fusion" now shows when they end
  • Kaien Shiba's "Crushing Flood" no longer gives the enemy team the damage reduction