Balance 2.25
Buffs:

- Ashido Kano
  • "Single Slice" deals 10 extra damage for every invulnerability effect on Ashido
  • "Group Slash" makes all invulnerability effects last 1 additional turn on Ashido
  • I worded it specifically to say Ashido because if I said "on this character," some "person" would yell at me because they attacked a character who was invul and it didn't deal bonus damage. If muramasa steals this skill, it will deal bonus damage if muramasa is invul. I'm open to phrasing suggestions, provided it's short

- Ayasegawa Yumichika
  • "Blooming Flower" additionally removes all harmful affliction effects from himself
  • More anti affliction options

- Fullbringer Ichigo lvl 2
  • "Reiatsu Assault" increases his damage by 10 for 2 turns (up from 1)
  • "Oops, all twos! For real though, I was cautious releasing this guy, but it's now apparent that it won't hurt anything to have this duration match his other skill's duration

- Ishida Uryu
  • "Kojaku Shot" now deals 10 additional damage to enemies affected by "Energy Chain Shot"
  • Small quality of life change for him. Unless you've been facing "action damage amp" teams, you've not had much reason to use this skill. Now, it might be worth considering

- Kurosaki Karin
  • "Foul" additionally stuns affliction skills
  • More anti affliction options

- Matsumoto Rangiku
  • "Ash Slice" will now stun enemies "Ash Tornado" is active on
  • To clarify, as long as the icon for ash tornado is on the enemy, this will stun them

- Omaeda Marechiyo
  • "Red Smoke's" effects work on all skills (rather than just non-strategic skills)
  • Omaeda has been underperforming a bit for a little too long now. I truly believe his numbers are good, and with the utility he provides from his other skills, he should be much scarier now

- Zaraki Kenpachi
  • "Bloodlust" starts at 20%
  • It takes 3 or 4 turns of being hit before his damage reduction has really come into play. This lowers it by a turn, and should in turn make him a little more survivable

Nerfs:

- Edrad Liones
  • "Spiritual Punch" only gives bonus damage for 1 turn (down from 2)
  • I'm not sure how I feel about doing this, as I'm a believer that Edrad is only doing as well as affliction in general is doing. that said, I understand people are tired of affliction. Crazy to think how people have hated every kind of team this game can offer. Yet we still click those boxes  Cool

- Kotetsu Isane
  • "Binding Spell #58: Tracking Sparrows" no longer ignores invulnerability
  • She's still plenty good, just not a super star

- Kurotsuchi Mayuri
  • "Ally Bomb" cooldown increased to 2 turns
  • Ally bomb is an incredibly nice way to get free damage onto an enemy. With a cooldown of 1, it has been a very dependable source of damage, and I hope dialing it back will prevent me from needing to touch him farther

- Ryujin Jakka
  • "Reformation" no longer grants energy
  • The zanpakuto batch was weird. If memory serves, this energy gain effect was there to try and justify the fact that the rest of his kit didn't feel good. Since he flows much nicer these days, I don't think there's any real objection to removing the energy gain effect

- Zommari Leroux
  • "Amor" no longer increases the cost of strategic skills
  • Womp womp

Tweaks:

- Hirako Shinji
  • "Collapse, Sakanade" change: Shinji targets himself, permanently allowing 'Inverted World' to be used. Afterwards, this skill can be used for 1 blue energy to deal 20 affliction damage to one enemy, and increase the cost of their skills by 1 random for 1 turn.
  • Okay. I'm going to pretend you all have figured out that by hovering over his mask icon, you can see how many skills he's used, and can deduce if he's used his second or third skill. With that faith in you all, my assumption is that he's performing well because of boosted affliction damage. This checks out given the whole Hollow Ichigo thing not too awful long ago. As such, I'm flipping this skill on its head. More power later in the game so his 1v1 isn't a guaranteed loss (provided your opponent looks at your mask) at the cost of setup. For now, I've kept the cost at a random just because I genuinely have no idea what he'll look like with this change. I fear lowering it to free would make him a bit bonkers

Random Tip:
Under the game manual tab, there is a section called "the basics" which goes into detail on the game's mechanics, from Instant/Action/Control to terminology and everything in between. If you're having issues understanding how/why some skills interact with each other, that's a great spot to investigate!

Noteworthy Bug Fixes:
  • Kirikaze's "Sword Absorption" stun duration is no longer infinite
  • Shrieker's "Spawn Artillery" now correctly increases the cost of people hit by "Tuning Fork Bomb Explosion"
  • Runuganga's "Sand Vortex" now correctly checks if his physical skills have been stunned when it gets canceled
  • Yachiru Kusajishi's "Face Stomp" damage over time does the correct damage
  • Madarame Ikkaku's "Grow, Houzukimaru" is now classified as an invulnerability skill with regards to Coyote Starrk's "Analysis" and Hirako Shinji's "Inverted World"
  • Hueco Mundo Byakuya can no longer target enemies with "Execution" if they're ignoring the harmful effect of "Pivotal Scene"
  • Senna's "Blade of Recollection" now correctly only heals when damaging skills are used on the victim
  • Weird race condition with Ascended Aizen's "Soul Dissolution" damage threshold resolved
  • Fixed issue where buffs that remain on Aaroniero Arruruerie post transformation are tied to the character he was transformed into
  • Skills that target Aoe-Self now correctly hit allies if the person who was clicked became invulnerable as a result of being targeted
  • Kyoko Haida's "Slay" should be correctly enabled/disabled when the enemy is marked by unfortunate gift
  • Grimmjow Jaegerjaquez's "Caja Negacion" no longer removes itself when triggered if he died since casting it